Friday, October 25, 2013

CIEE Teach Abroad

While searching for teaching opportunities abroad, I stumbled across this website:

http://www.ciee.org/teach/

I've researched reviews of the organization, and the results were mixed. While many expressed positive experiences with CIEE, the vast majority of participants felt that it was over priced or doesn't offer adequate compensation. I'm just beginning the research process, so I'm not sure what would be considered a reasonable price/salary.

One major draw that I have gleaned from the website is the opportunity for enrichment grants. These grants are used to fund projects that will enrich the experience for participants, as well as the community they are working in. I like the idea of leaving the community you serve a bit better than when you entered it.

Again, I'm early in the research process, but teaching abroad through CIEE seems like a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment